hdfs remote copy timeout

Ly, Kiet
Whenever my Hadoop cluster is under heavy load, I can't copy a file from HDFS (using hdfs -copyToLocal) to my desktop. Is there anything that I can tune in DataNode to avoid socket time out?

Re: hdfs remote copy timeout

Ayush Saxena
Hi Kiet

You can try increasing the timeout using the configuration
dfs.client.socket-timeout
The default is 60000 milliseconds, can increase accordingly.

Thanks
-Ayush