[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

12

[VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli-2
Hi all,

I've created a release candidate RC1 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.

As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.1.

The RC is available for validation at: http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/ <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/>

The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC1

The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/>

The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html for quick perusal.

As you may have noted,
 - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took a while again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread [3] for details.
 - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.

Thanks,
Vinod

[1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
[2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk <http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>
[3]: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC0: http://markmail.org/message/5txhvr2qdiqglrwc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Ted Yu-3
Hi,
I have run test suite for tip of hbase 0.98 branch against this RC.

All tests passed.

+1

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've created a release candidate RC1 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.
>
> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
> 2.7.1.
>
> The RC is available for validation at:
> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/ <
> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/>
>
> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC1
>
> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
> http://repository.apache.org/> at
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/ <
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/>
>
> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
> hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
> hosted this at
> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html for
> quick perusal.
>
> As you may have noted,
>  - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues.
> It took a while again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See
> the previous voting thread [3] for details.
>  - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by
> quite a bit. This release's related discussion threads are linked below:
> [1] and [2].
>
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>
> [1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <
> http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
> [2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2
> http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk <
> http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>
> [3]: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC0:
> http://markmail.org/message/5txhvr2qdiqglrwc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Jason Lowe-2
+1 (binding)
- Verified signatures and digests- Spot checked CHANGES.txt files- Successfully performed a native build from source- Deployed to a single node cluster and ran sample jobs
We have been running with the fix for YARN-4354 on two of our clusters for some time with no issues, so I feel confident that prior blocker is now fixed.
Jason

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Akira AJISAKA
+1 (binding)

- Downloaded source tarball
- Verified signatures and checksums
- Compiled and built a single node cluster
- Confirmed commons-collections is upgraded to 3.2.2
- Compiled Hive 1.2.1 and Tez 0.7.0/0.8.1-alpha using Hadoop 2.7.2 pom
successfully
- Ran some Hive on Tez/MRv2 queries successfully

On 12/19/15 02:24, Jason Lowe wrote:

> +1 (binding)
> - Verified signatures and digests- Spot checked CHANGES.txt files- Successfully performed a native build from source- Deployed to a single node cluster and ran sample jobs
> We have been running with the fix for YARN-4354 on two of our clusters for some time with no issues, so I feel confident that prior blocker is now fixed.
> Jason

Sunil Govind
+1 (Non Binding)

* Built tar ball from source and deployed
* Ran few MR Jobs successfully. Also tested preemption, node labels sanity
scenarios including  HA.
* Verified RM Web UI and ran few REST queries. Seems fine.
* CLI commands related to refresh are also working fine.

Thanks and Regards
Sunil G

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 5:41 PM Naganarasimha G R (Naga) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (Non binding)
>
> * Release notes and CHANGES.txt looked fine
> * Verified md5 checksums for both source and binary tar balls
> * Ran `mvn apache-rat:check` on source tarball, passed
> * Installed pseudo cluster
> * Did some basic filesystem operations
> * Ran a grep, sleepjob, word count successfully
> * Verified the jobs RM, job history server and ATS Web ui's successfully
> * Verified some RM REST apis
> * Verified basic admin operations of Node Labels.
>
> Regards,
>  +Naga

Kihwal Lee-2
+1 (binding)- Verified the signature/digest.
- I've built the dist tree with the native support from the source.- Brought up a single node cluster and ran a set of basic tests.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Masatake Iwasaki
+1(non-binding)

- verified mds and signature of source and binary tarball
- started 3 node cluster and ran example jobs such as wordcount and terasort
- built from source tarball with -Pnative on CentOS 7 and OpenJDK 7
- built site documentation and skimmed the contents

Thanks,
Masatake Iwasaki

On 12/17/15 11:49, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've created a release candidate RC1 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.
>
> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.1.
>
> The RC is available for validation at: http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/ <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/>
>
> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC1
>
> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/>
>
> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html for quick perusal.
>
> As you may have noted,
>   - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took a while again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread [3] for details.
>   - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].
>
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>
> [1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
> [2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk <http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>
> [3]: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC0: http://markmail.org/message/5txhvr2qdiqglrwc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Wangda Tan
+1 (binding)

- Build & deploy single-node Hadoop from source code
- Add/Remove node labels to queues/nodes
- Run distributed shell commanding using default/specified node labels

Thanks,
Wangda

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Masatake Iwasaki <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1(non-binding)
>
> - verified mds and signature of source and binary tarball
> - started 3 node cluster and ran example jobs such as wordcount and
> terasort
> - built from source tarball with -Pnative on CentOS 7 and OpenJDK 7
> - built site documentation and skimmed the contents
>
> Thanks,
> Masatake Iwasaki
>

> On 12/17/15 11:49, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've created a release candidate RC1 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.
>>
>> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
>> 2.7.1.
>>
>> The RC is available for validation at:
>> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/ <
>> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/>
>>
>> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC1
>>
>> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
>> http://repository.apache.org/> at
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
>> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
>> >

>> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
>> hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
>> hosted this at
>> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html for
>> quick perusal.
>>
>> As you may have noted,
>>   - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues.
>> It took a while again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See
>> the previous voting thread [3] for details.
>>   - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by
>> quite a bit. This release's related discussion threads are linked below:
>> [1] and [2].
>>
>> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Vinod
>>
>> [1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <
>> http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
>> [2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2
>> http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk <
>> http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>
>> [3]: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC0:
>> http://markmail.org/message/5txhvr2qdiqglrwc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Chen He
+1 (non-binding)

deploy to a 2-node cluster
run loadgen and wc without problem

Kindly ask a silly question, why we separate 2.6.x from 2.7.x?

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Wangda Tan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> - Build & deploy single-node Hadoop from source code
> - Add/Remove node labels to queues/nodes
> - Run distributed shell commanding using default/specified node labels
>
> Thanks,
> Wangda
>

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Masatake Iwasaki <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1(non-binding)
> >
> > - verified mds and signature of source and binary tarball
> > - started 3 node cluster and ran example jobs such as wordcount and
> > terasort
> > - built from source tarball with -Pnative on CentOS 7 and OpenJDK 7
> > - built site documentation and skimmed the contents
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Masatake Iwasaki
> >

> > On 12/17/15 11:49, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've created a release candidate RC1 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.
> >>
> >> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
> >> 2.7.1.
> >>
> >> The RC is available for validation at:
> >> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/ <
> >> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/>
> >>
> >> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC1
> >>
> >> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
> >> http://repository.apache.org/> at
> >>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
> >> <
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
> >> >

> >> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
> >> hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
> >> hosted this at
> >> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html
> for
> >> quick perusal.
> >>
> >> As you may have noted,
> >>   - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical
> issues.
> >> It took a while again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See
> >> the previous voting thread [3] for details.
> >>   - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by
> >> quite a bit. This release's related discussion threads are linked below:
> >> [1] and [2].
> >>
> >> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Vinod
> >>
> >> [1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <
> >> http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
> >> [2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2
> >> http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk <
> >> http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>
> >> [3]: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC0:
> >> http://markmail.org/message/5txhvr2qdiqglrwc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Xuan Gong
+1 (binding)

Thanks

Xuan Gong

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 4:25 PM, Chen He <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> deploy to a 2-node cluster
> run loadgen and wc without problem
>

> Kindly ask a silly question, why we separate 2.6.x from 2.7.x?
>
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Wangda Tan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> - Build & deploy single-node Hadoop from source code
>> - Add/Remove node labels to queues/nodes
>> - Run distributed shell commanding using default/specified node labels
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Wangda
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Masatake Iwasaki <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> +1(non-binding)
>>>
>>> - verified mds and signature of source and binary tarball
>>> - started 3 node cluster and ran example jobs such as wordcount and
>>> terasort
>>> - built from source tarball with -Pnative on CentOS 7 and OpenJDK 7
>>> - built site documentation and skimmed the contents
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Masatake Iwasaki

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/

>> for

>> issues.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Arpit Agarwal
Thanks for putting together this release Vinod.

+1 (binding)

 - Verified signatures
 - Started pseudo-cluster with binary distribution, verified git commit ID
 - Built sources, deployed pseudo-cluster and ran example map reduce jobs, DistributedShell, HDFS commands.

PS: Extra file hadoop-2.7.2-RC1-src.tar.gz.md5?

On 12/16/15, 6:49 PM, "Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've created a release candidate RC1 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.
>
>As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.1.
>
>The RC is available for validation at: http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/ <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/>
>
>The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC1
>
>The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/>
>
>The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html for quick perusal.
>
>As you may have noted,
> - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took a while again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread [3] for details.
> - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].
>
>Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>
>Thanks,
>Vinod
>
>[1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
>[2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk <http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>
>[3]: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC0: http://markmail.org/message/5txhvr2qdiqglrwc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Tsuyoshi Ozawa-3
+1

- downloaded src and bin tar balls and verified signatures.
- built Tez and Spark with 2.7.2 artifacts and JDK7.
- ran tests of Tez with 2.7.2 artifacts, it passed.

FYI: YARN-4348, reported by Jian, is one of critical issues of 2.7.2
release.It's better to release 2.7.3 as soon as possible after this
release.

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 4:51 AM, Wangda Tan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> - Build & deploy single-node Hadoop from source code
> - Add/Remove node labels to queues/nodes
> - Run distributed shell commanding using default/specified node labels
>
> Thanks,
> Wangda
>

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Masatake Iwasaki <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1(non-binding)
>>
>> - verified mds and signature of source and binary tarball
>> - started 3 node cluster and ran example jobs such as wordcount and
>> terasort
>> - built from source tarball with -Pnative on CentOS 7 and OpenJDK 7
>> - built site documentation and skimmed the contents
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Masatake Iwasaki
>>

>> On 12/17/15 11:49, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've created a release candidate RC1 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.
>>>
>>> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up
>>> 2.7.1.
>>>
>>> The RC is available for validation at:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/ <
>>> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/>
>>>
>>> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC1
>>>
>>> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <
>>> http://repository.apache.org/> at
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
>>> <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
>>> >

>>> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location
>>> hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I
>>> hosted this at
>>> http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html for
>>> quick perusal.
>>>
>>> As you may have noted,
>>>   - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues.
>>> It took a while again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See
>>> the previous voting thread [3] for details.
>>>   - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by
>>> quite a bit. This release's related discussion threads are linked below:
>>> [1] and [2].
>>>
>>> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Vinod
>>>
>>> [1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <
>>> http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
>>> [2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2
>>> http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk <
>>> http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>
>>> [3]: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC0:
>>> http://markmail.org/message/5txhvr2qdiqglrwc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Tsuyoshi Ozawa-3
Hi Chen,

> Kindly ask a silly question, why we separate 2.6.x from 2.7.x?

2.6.x is the last release which supports JDK6.

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Chen He <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> deploy to a 2-node cluster
> run loadgen and wc without problem
>

> Kindly ask a silly question, why we separate 2.6.x from 2.7.x?
>
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Wangda Tan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 (binding)
>>
>> - Build & deploy single-node Hadoop from source code
>> - Add/Remove node labels to queues/nodes
>> - Run distributed shell commanding using default/specified node labels
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Wangda
>>

>> On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Masatake Iwasaki <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > +1(non-binding)
>> >
>> > - verified mds and signature of source and binary tarball
>> > - started 3 node cluster and ran example jobs such as wordcount and
>> > terasort
>> > - built from source tarball with -Pnative on CentOS 7 and OpenJDK 7
>> > - built site documentation and skimmed the contents
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Masatake Iwasaki

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/

>> for

>> issues.

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Rohith Sharma K S
+1(non-binding)
-Built from source and deployed in 3 node cluster
-Tested with combination of RMRestart/RM HA/RM work preserving restart/NM work preserving restart modes.
-Ran MR and distributed shell sample applications.
-Verified signature and md5 of binary

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

> [...]

>>> It took a while again for getting all those blockers out of the way.
>>> See the previous voting thread [3] for details.
>>>   - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip
>>> by quite a bit. This release's related discussion threads are linked below:
>>> [1] and [2].
>>>
>>> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Vinod
>>>
>>> [1]: 2.7.2 release plan:
>>> http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <
>>> http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
>>> [2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2
>>> http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk <
>>> http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>
>>> [3]: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC0:
>>> http://markmail.org/message/5txhvr2qdiqglrwc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

I see, thank you for the reply, Mr. Tsuyoshi Ozawa

Regards

Chen

Chen He@Oracle from Samsung Mega
On Dec 21, 2015 7:35 PM, "Tsuyoshi Ozawa" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Chen,
>
> > Kindly ask a silly question, why we separate 2.6.x from 2.7.x?
>
> 2.6.x is the last release which supports JDK6.
>
> Thanks,
> - Tsuyoshi
>
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Chen He <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > +1 (non-binding)
> >
> > deploy to a 2-node cluster
> > run loadgen and wc without problem
> >

> > Kindly ask a silly question, why we separate 2.6.x from 2.7.x?
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Wangda Tan <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> +1 (binding)
> >>
> >> - Build & deploy single-node Hadoop from source code
> >> - Add/Remove node labels to queues/nodes
> >> - Run distributed shell commanding using default/specified node labels
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Wangda

> up

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
> >>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/

> >> for

> >> issues.
> See
> by
> below:

> days.

> http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Chang Li
+1 (non binding)
Downloaed src and built on single node cluster.
Ran some MR jobs successfully.
Verified signature.

Thanks,
Chang

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:34 PM, Tsuyoshi Ozawa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> - downloaded src and bin tar balls and verified signatures.
> - built Tez and Spark with 2.7.2 artifacts and JDK7.
> - ran tests of Tez with 2.7.2 artifacts, it passed.
>
> FYI: YARN-4348, reported by Jian, is one of critical issues of 2.7.2
> release.It's better to release 2.7.3 as soon as possible after this
> release.
>
> Thanks,
> - Tsuyoshi
>
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 4:51 AM, Wangda Tan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > - Build & deploy single-node Hadoop from source code
> > - Add/Remove node labels to queues/nodes
> > - Run distributed shell commanding using default/specified node labels
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Wangda
> >

> > On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Masatake Iwasaki <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> +1(non-binding)
> >>
> >> - verified mds and signature of source and binary tarball
> >> - started 3 node cluster and ran example jobs such as wordcount and
> >> terasort
> >> - built from source tarball with -Pnative on CentOS 7 and OpenJDK 7
> >> - built site documentation and skimmed the contents
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Masatake Iwasaki

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/

> for

> issues.
> See
> below:

> days.

> <

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Junping Du-2
Checked 2.7.2-RC1 tag which match exactly with 2.7.2 branch.
Downloaded the release bit and deploy a single node cluster which works fine with running some example jobs.
Built from src and check signatures, all looks good.
Checked release note which has 138 commits (HADOOP:22, HDFS:42, MAPREDUCE:17, YARN:57) match exactly with JIRA fixed list in 2.7.2.
However, when I look at our commit log and CHANGES.txt, I found something we are missing:
1. HDFS-9470 and YARN-4424 are missing from the 2.7.2 branch and RC1 tag.
2. HADOOP-5323, HDFS-8767 are missing in CHANGE.txt
For 2, I think we can fix in creating the final tag. For 1, I will let release manager to decide if HDFS-9470 & YARN-4424 has to go to 2.7.2. If not, I will +1 and we can fix release notes later.

Thanks,

Junping
Downloaed src and built on single node cluster.
Ran some MR jobs successfully.
Verified signature.

Thanks,
Chang

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:34 PM, Tsuyoshi Ozawa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> - downloaded src and bin tar balls and verified signatures.
> - built Tez and Spark with 2.7.2 artifacts and JDK7.
> - ran tests of Tez with 2.7.2 artifacts, it passed.
>
> FYI: YARN-4348, reported by Jian, is one of critical issues of 2.7.2
> release.It's better to release 2.7.3 as soon as possible after this
> release.
>
> Thanks,
> - Tsuyoshi
>
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 4:51 AM, Wangda Tan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > +1 (binding)
> >
> > - Build & deploy single-node Hadoop from source code
> > - Add/Remove node labels to queues/nodes
> > - Run distributed shell commanding using default/specified node labels
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Wangda
> >

> > On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Masatake Iwasaki <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> +1(non-binding)
> >>
> >> - verified mds and signature of source and binary tarball
> >> - started 3 node cluster and ran example jobs such as wordcount and
> >> terasort
> >> - built from source tarball with -Pnative on CentOS 7 and OpenJDK 7
> >> - built site documentation and skimmed the contents
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Masatake Iwasaki

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/

> for

> issues.
> See
> below:

> days.

> <

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Mingliang Liu
+1 (non-binding)

1. Download the src tar file and validate the integrity
2. Build and configure the local cluster
3. Operate the HDFS from command line interface
4. Run several example MR jobs
5. Check logs

Thanks.

> On Dec 16, 2015, at 6:49 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've created a release candidate RC1 for Apache Hadoop 2.7.2.
>
> As discussed before, this is the next maintenance release to follow up 2.7.1.
>
> The RC is available for validation at: http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/ <http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/>
>
> The RC tag in git is: release-2.7.2-RC1
>
> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org <http://repository.apache.org/> at https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1026/>
>
> The release-notes are inside the tar-balls at location hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/docs/releasenotes.html. I hosted this at http://people.apache.org/~vinodkv/hadoop-2.7.2-RC1/releasenotes.html for quick perusal.
>
> As you may have noted,
> - The RC0 related voting thread got halted due to some critical issues. It took a while again for getting all those blockers out of the way. See the previous voting thread [3] for details.
> - Before RC0, an unusually long 2.6.3 release caused 2.7.2 to slip by quite a bit. This release's related discussion threads are linked below: [1] and [2].
>
> Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 5 days.
>
> Thanks,
> Vinod
>
> [1]: 2.7.2 release plan: http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes <http://markmail.org/message/oozq3gvd4nhzsaes>
> [2]: Planning Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk <http://markmail.org/message/iktqss2qdeykgpqk>
> [3]: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC0: http://markmail.org/message/5txhvr2qdiqglrwc

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli-2
Sigh. Missed this.

To retain causality ("any fix in 2.6.3 will be there in all releases that got out after 2.6.3”), I’ll get these patches in.

Reverting my +1, and casting -1 for the RC myself.

Will spin a new RC, this voting thread is marked dead.

Thanks
+Vinod

> On Dec 22, 2015, at 8:24 AM, Junping Du <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> However, when I look at our commit log and CHANGES.txt, I found something we are missing:
> 1. HDFS-9470 and YARN-4424 are missing from the 2.7.2 branch and RC1 tag.
> 2. HADOOP-5323, HDFS-8767 are missing in CHANGE.txt

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.7.2 RC1

Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli-2
I retract my -1. I think we will need to discuss this a bit more.

Beyond those two tickets, there are a bunch more (totaling to 16) that are in 2.6.3 but *not* in 2.7.2. See this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=key%20in%20%28HADOOP-12526%2CHADOOP-12413%2CHADOOP-11267%2CHADOOP-10668%2CHADOOP-10134%2CYARN-4434%2CYARN-4365%2CYARN-4348%2CYARN-4344%2CYARN-4326%2CYARN-4241%2CYARN-2859%2CMAPREDUCE-6549%2CMAPREDUCE-6540%2CMAPREDUCE-6377%2CMAPREDUCE-5883%2CHDFS-9431%2CHDFS-9289%2CHDFS-8615%29%20and%20fixVersion%20!%3D%202.7.0 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=key%20in%20(HADOOP-12526,HADOOP-12413,HADOOP-11267,HADOOP-10668,HADOOP-10134,YARN-4434,YARN-4365,YARN-4348,YARN-4344,YARN-4326,YARN-4241,YARN-2859,MAPREDUCE-6549,MAPREDUCE-6540,MAPREDUCE-6377,MAPREDUCE-5883,HDFS-9431,HDFS-9289,HDFS-8615)%20and%20fixVersion%20!=%202.7.0>

Two options here, depending on the importance of ‘causality' between 2.6.x and 2.7.x lines.
 - Ship 2.7.2 as we voted on here
 - Pull these 16 tickets into 2.7.2 and roll a new RC

What do people think? Do folks expect “any fix in 2.6.3 to be there in all releases that get out after 2.6.3 release date (December 16th)”?

Thanks
+Vinod