Re: HTTP secure access

Jakob Homan
Bogdan-
    Currently there is no security provided for accessing web pages,
although as detailed in Owen's recent presentation
(http://www.cloudera.com/sites/all/themes/cloudera/static/hw09/2  - 2-00
Owen OMalley, Yahoo, securitycompatability.pdf -uhm what an odd url -
try here: http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-world-nyc) this is included in
the current security effort.  You can certainly disable access to the
web interfaces via network routing tricks in the meantime.

Jakob

Bogdan M. Maryniuk wrote:
> Hi!
> Well, I have a kinda simple question, but I can not spot a proper doc
> for it: how you, guys, restricting access to the web interfaces? :-)
>
> It is somewhere in jetty or there is no feature like this? I am OK
> with a simple basic authentication, but I don't really like when
> others are staring at logs that are easily accessible through the web
> within the same network...

Re: HTTP secure access

BM-2
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Jakob Homan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> try here: http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-world-nyc) this is included in the
> current security effort.

Hi, Jakob.
Thanks for the answer :-) Very interesting.

> You can certainly disable access to the web
> interfaces via network routing tricks in the meantime.

Well, that's what I thought... But what if I was missing something.
Well, http://opensolaris.org/os/project/crossbow/ to the rescue then.
Thanks again!

--
Kind regards, BM

Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.