Re: Agenda & More Information about Hadoop Community Meetup @ Palo Alto, June 26

runlin zhang
It’s great,I'm really looking forward to this Meetup

> [...]
> 10:15:-------------Talk: Hadoop storage in cloud-native
> environmentsAbstract: Hadoop is a mature storage system but designed years
> before the cloud-native movement. Kubernetes and other cloud-native tools
> are emerging solutions for containerized environments but sometimes they
> require different approaches.In this presentation we would like to share
> our experiences to run Apache Hadoop Ozone in Kubernetes and the connection
> point to other cloud-native ecosystem elements. We will compare the
> benefits and drawbacks to use Kubernetes and Hadoop storage together and
> show our current achievements and future plans.Speaker: Marton Elek
> (Cloudera)10:20 - 11:00:--------------Talk: Selective Wire Encryption In
> HDFSAbstract: Wire data encryption is a key component of the Hadoop
> Distributed File System (HDFS). However, such encryption enforcement comes
> in as an all-or-nothing feature. In our use case at LinkedIn, we would like
> to selectively expose fast unencrypted access to fully managed internal
> clients, which can be trusted, while only expose encrypted access to
> clients outside of the trusted circle with higher security risks. That way
> we minimize performance overhead for trusted internal clients while still
> securing data from potential outside threats. Our design extends HDFS
> NameNode to run on multiple ports, connecting to different NameNode ports
> would end up with different levels of encryption protection. This
> protection then gets enforced for both NameNode RPC and the subsequent data
> transfers to/from DataNode. This approach comes with minimum operational
> and performance overhead.Speaker: Konstantin Shvachko (LinkedIn), Chen
> Liang (LinkedIn)11:10 - 11:55:-------------Talk: YuniKorn: Next Generation
> Scheduling for YARN and K8sAbstract: We will talk about our open source
> work - YuniKorn scheduler project (Y for YARN, K for K8s, uni- for Unified)
> brings long-wanted features such as hierarchical queues, fairness between
> users/jobs/queues, preemption to Kubernetes; and it brings service
> scheduling enhancements to YARN. Any improvements to this scheduler can
> benefit both Kubernetes and YARN community.Speaker: Wangda Tan
> (Cloudera)PM:12:00 - 12:55 Lunch Break (Provided by
> Cloudera)------------------------------------------------1:00 -
> 1:25-----------Talk: Yarn Efficiency at UberAbstract: We will present the
> work done at Uber to improve YARN cluster utilization and job SOA with
> elastic resource management, low compute workload on passive datacenter,
> preemption, larger container, etc. We will also go through YARN upgrade in
> order to adopt new features and talk about the challenges.Speaker: Aihua Xu
> (Uber), Prashant Golash (Uber)1:30 - 2:10 One more
> talk---------------------------------2:20 - 4:00-----------BoF sessions &
> Breakout Sessions & Group discussions: Talk about items like JDK 11
> support, next releases (2.10.0, 3.3.0, etc.), Hadoop on Cloud, etc.4:00:

Wangda Tan
A friendly reminder,

The meetup will take place tomorrow at 9:00 AM PDT to 4:00 PM PDT.

The address is: 395 Page Mill Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94306
We’ll be in the Bigtop conference room on the 1st floor. Go left after coming through the main entrance, and it will be on the right.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you haven't RSVP yet, please go ahead and RSVP so we can better prepare food, seat, etc.

Thanks,
Wangda

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 4:49 PM Wangda Tan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I want to let you know that we have confirmed most of the agenda for Hadoop Community Meetup. It will be a whole day event.

Agenda & Dial-In info because see below, please RSVP at https://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-Contributors/events/262055924/

Huge thanks to Daniel Templeton, Wei-Chiu Chuang, Christina Vu for helping with organizing and logistics.

Please help to promote meetup information on Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Appreciated!

Best,
Wangda

AM:

9:00: Arrival and check-in
--------------------------

9:30 - 10:15:

Talk: Yarn Efficiency at Uber

Abstract: We will present the work done at Uber to improve YARN cluster utilization and job SOA with elastic resource management, low compute workload on passive datacenter, preemption, larger container, etc. We will also go through YARN upgrade in order to adopt new features and talk about the challenges.

Speaker: Aihua Xu (Uber), Prashant Golash (Uber)

1:30 - 2:10 One more talk

2:20 - 4:00