Is hadoop maintained?

Yuri
I created this bug report, in an attempt to fix the FreeBSD port:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-16388 but there was no answer.

Does anybody know if Hadoop is a maintained project, and if yes, how to
get a hold of somebody who can help with this bug?

Thank you,

Yuri

Re: Is hadoop maintained?

Wei-Chiu Chuang-2
Yuri,
FreeBSD is not currently a supported operating system for Hadoop, and as far as I know it receives pretty limited attention in the community.

Last time I checked, Hadoop source code does not compile on FreeBSD (Hadoop 2.x) out of box and FreeBSD's port has some source code change in order to pass compilation.

Based on the error message, it looks to me the error is within dev-support/bin/dist-layout-stitching

function findfileindir()
{
declare file="$1"
declare dir="${2:-./share}"
declare count

count=$(find "${dir}" -iname "${file}" | wc -l)

#shellcheck disable=SC2086
echo ${count}
}

if [[ -f "${src}" ]]; then
srcname=${src##*/}
if [[ "${srcname}" != *.jar ||
$(findfileindir "${srcname}") -eq "0" ]]; then
destdir=$(dirname "${dest}")
mkdir -p "${destdir}"
cp -p "${src}" "${dest}"
fi
and this script is invoked by Maven hadoop-dist/pom.xml
<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>exec-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<executions>
<execution>
<id>dist</id>
<phase>prepare-package</phase>
<goals>
<goal>exec</goal>
</goals>
<configuration>
<executable>${shell-executable}</executable>
<workingDirectory>${project.build.directory}</workingDirectory>
<requiresOnline>false</requiresOnline>
<arguments>
<argument>${basedir}/../dev-support/bin/dist-layout-stitching</argument>
<argument>${project.version}</argument>
<argument>${project.build.directory}</argument>
</arguments>
</configuration>
</execution>

I hope this'll get you somewhere.