Hive Metastore Canary Health Check BAD

Abhishek Guhathakurta
Hi,

My name is Abhishek Guhathakurta, Hadoop Engineer in Dunnhumby.

I was setting up a 5(five) node Development Cluster, after finishing the installation and started the cluster, I am stuck with Hive Metastore Canary Health BAD.

Could you help me solve this issue ?

And also I have Zookeeper Configuration issue for even number of servers. When attempted to start a Zookeeper server on a Data Node. it fails.

Any help much appreciated.

Regards
Abhishek Guhathakurta

Re: Hive Metastore Canary Health Check BAD

Kiyoshi Mizumaru
You need to deploy odd number of ZooKeeper Servers.
The minimum is three and sufficient for small and mid size clusters.

Regards,
Maru

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 8:15 PM, Abhishek Guhathakurta <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

My name is Abhishek Guhathakurta, Hadoop Engineer in Dunnhumby.

I was setting up a 5(five) node Development Cluster, after finishing the installation and started the cluster, I am stuck with Hive Metastore Canary Health BAD.

Could you help me solve this issue ?

And also I have Zookeeper Configuration issue for even number of servers. When attempted to start a Zookeeper server on a Data Node. it fails.

Any help much appreciated.

--
Regards
Abhishek Guhathakurta

Re: Hive Metastore Canary Health Check BAD

Ted Yu-3
Abhishek:
Consider asking on user@hive for Metastore related questions.