Quantcast

Hadoop installation on mac

suneel hadoop
Hi All,
Had anyone tried installing Hadoop on mac pc..if yes can u please share the installation steps..

Thanks in advance..
Thanks,
Suneel

Sent from my iphone

Re: Hadoop installation on mac

Harsh J-2
Suneel,

What version are you trying to run? Following regular tarball
instructions on a Mac mostly works just fine.

Harsh J

Re: Hadoop installation on mac

suneel hadoop
Hi Harsh,

Thanks for ur quick turn around,

the mac version is 10.7.4

and hadoop version which im trying is hadoop-0.21.0,

please share if u have any instructions step by step..

Thanks,
Suneel

Harsh J

Re: Hadoop installation on mac

Dave Beech
+1
Installing from tarball by usual method is fine for mac os. One issue
to be aware of is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7489
(but even that doesn't stop it working)

On 16 October 2012 11:56, Harsh J <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Suneel,
>
> What version are you trying to run? Following regular tarball
> instructions on a Mac mostly works just fine.
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:20 PM, suneel hadoop <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> Had anyone tried installing Hadoop on mac pc..if yes can u please share the
>> installation steps..
>>
>> Thanks in advance..
>> Thanks,
>> Suneel
>>
>> Sent from my iphone

> Harsh J

Re: Hadoop installation on mac

Dave Beech
Instructions for single node operation:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.21.0/single_node_setup.html

Instructions for cluster:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.21.0/cluster_setup.html

Cheers,
Dave

On 16 October 2012 12:02, suneel hadoop <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Harsh,
>
> Thanks for ur quick turn around,
>
> the mac version is 10.7.4
>
> and hadoop version which im trying is hadoop-0.21.0,
>
> please share if u have any instructions step by step..
>
> Thanks,
> Suneel
>

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Harsh J <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Suneel,
>>
>> What version are you trying to run? Following regular tarball
>> instructions on a Mac mostly works just fine.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:20 PM, suneel hadoop <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> > Had anyone tried installing Hadoop on mac pc..if yes can u please share
>> > the
>> > installation steps..
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance..
>> > Thanks,
>> > Suneel
>> >
>> > Sent from my iphone
>> >

>> --
>> Harsh J

Re: Hadoop installation on mac

suneel hadoop
No idea what to do..please share any link step by step where i can go through..

Tried installing in linux it works fine but in mac it is making cry..

Thanks in advance..

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Dave Beech <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1
Installing from tarball by usual method is fine for mac os. One issue
to be aware of is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7489
(but even that doesn't stop it working)

On 16 October 2012 11:56, Harsh J <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Suneel,
>
> What version are you trying to run? Following regular tarball
> instructions on a Mac mostly works just fine.
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:20 PM, suneel hadoop <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> Had anyone tried installing Hadoop on mac pc..if yes can u please share the
>> installation steps..
>>
>> Thanks in advance..
>> Thanks,
>> Suneel
>>
>> Sent from my iphone

> Harsh J

Re: Hadoop installation on mac

suneel hadoop
Thanks a lot Dave..Bravooo..pat on ur back..

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Dave Beech <[hidden email]> wrote:
Instructions for single node operation:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.21.0/single_node_setup.html

Instructions for cluster:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.21.0/cluster_setup.html

Cheers,
Dave

On 16 October 2012 12:02, suneel hadoop <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Harsh,
>
> Thanks for ur quick turn around,
>
> the mac version is 10.7.4
>
> and hadoop version which im trying is hadoop-0.21.0,
>
> please share if u have any instructions step by step..
>
> Thanks,
> Suneel
>

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Harsh J <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Suneel,
>>
>> What version are you trying to run? Following regular tarball
>> instructions on a Mac mostly works just fine.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:20 PM, suneel hadoop <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> > Had anyone tried installing Hadoop on mac pc..if yes can u please share
>> > the
>> > installation steps..
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance..
>> > Thanks,
>> > Suneel
>> >
>> > Sent from my iphone
>> >

>> --
>> Harsh J

Re: Hadoop installation on mac

Harsh J-2
Suneel,

Note though that the 0.21.0 version is unsupported and was abandoned.
Please use the 2.0.x or the 1.x release versions going forward, as
they are actively developed upon and maintained.

Harsh J

Re: Hadoop installation on mac

suneel hadoop
can u please share the link where I can download..so that i will be in correct page..else I will be finding in wring page..

Thanks a lot dude..

Harsh J

Re: Hadoop installation on mac

Bejoy KS
Hi Suneel

You can get the latest stable versions of hadoop from the following url

http://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html#Download

to download choose a mirror and  slect the stable versions (the ones Harsh suggested) you like to go for. (the 1.0.x releases are the current stable versions)

Regards
Bejoy KS

Re: Hadoop installation on mac

gschen
于 10/16/2012 8:06 PM, Bejoy KS 写道:

> Hi Suneel
>
> You can get the latest stable versions of hadoop from the following url
>
> http://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html#Download
>
> to download choose a mirror and  slect the stable versions (the ones Harsh
> suggested) you like to go for. (the 1.0.x releases are the current stable
> versions)
>
> Regards
> Bejoy KS

Re: Hadoop installation on mac

Deniz Demir
Take a look at this for mac installation:

--
Harsh J