Hadoop HDFS Fault Injection

Aleksander Buła
Hi,

I would like to ask whether the Fault Injection Framework (https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/FaultInjectFramework.html) is still supported in the Hadoop HDFS?

I think that this documentation was created around v0.23 and was not updated since then. Additionally, I have done some repository digging and found out that the ant targets, mentioned in the documentation, were deleted in 2012. Right now none of the files in the repository defines these targets but there the projects contains multiple .aj files - therefore I assume they somehow can be used.

Does anyone here know how to compile and run fault injection tests in a newer version of Hadoop (exactly v2.6.0)?  It would mean a world to me.

Best regards
Alex

Re: Hadoop HDFS Fault Injection

Wei-Chiu Chuang-3
Aleksander,
Yes I am aware of that doc but I've never seen any one maintaining that piece of code in the last 4 years. And I don't think any one had ever used that.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 5:12 AM Aleksander Buła <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to ask whether the Fault Injection Framework (https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/FaultInjectFramework.html) is still supported in the Hadoop HDFS?

I think that this documentation was created around v0.23 and was not updated since then. Additionally, I have done some repository digging and found out that the ant targets, mentioned in the documentation, were deleted in 2012. Right now none of the files in the repository defines these targets but there the projects contains multiple .aj files - therefore I assume they somehow can be used.

Does anyone here know how to compile and run fault injection tests in a newer version of Hadoop (exactly v2.6.0)?  It would mean a world to me.

Best regards
Alex

Re: Hadoop HDFS Fault Injection

Julien Laurenceau
Did you try anarchyape ?
my fork to avoid hard coded network interface as "eth0" : https://github.com/julienlau/anarchyape

Regards,
JL

Best regards
Alex

Re: Hadoop HDFS Fault Injection

Aleksander Buła
Hi,

thank you for such a prompt response. It is a shame that FI is no longer supported in Hadoop - perhaps the deletion of the misleading documentation page should be considered?

I was not aware of the anarchyape but I just checked it out and it seems like the functionalities it provides might come in handy :)

Thank you for your help!

Regards
Alex

Hi,