Fwd: Warning from user@hadoop.apache.org

Jonathan Aquilina

Can someone tell me if the below is something to worry about as I hardly post to the list and I know when I have posted to the list my emails have not bounced.

Date: 24 Aug 2016 13:51:02 -0000
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: failure notice

Re: Warning from user@hadoop.apache.org

Ted Yu-3
There is nothing to worry about on your side.

I received such email too.

Date: 24 Aug 2016 13:51:02 -0000
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Re: Warning from user@hadoop.apache.org

Jonathan Aquilina

I think they are testing some new mechanisms for list moderation.

Date: 24 Aug 2016 13:51:02 -0000
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Re: Warning from user@hadoop.apache.org

sebb
The most likely cause is that your mail server thinks the message is spam, whereas the mailing list did not.

The initial mail is accepted by the list software, but is rejected somewhere on its way to you.

The bounce message from shows the message number (23009).

As per the bounce message, you can find out more details of the recent index numbers by sending the an e-mail to:

[hidden email]

This shows that the message was:

23009: Re: ACCEPTED: waiting for AM container to be allocated, launched and register with RM
        21 Aug 2016 rammohan ganapavarapu

You can try getting the message itself by sending an e-mail to:

[hidden email]

The reply will contain the original message.
Of course that might also fall foul of your mail server spam detection...

In which case you would have to dig into the mailing list archives and look at the raw messages to find the message numbers.

I don't think there is a way to search by message number, but you can narrow the search by using the information from the index command.

you will see that it starts with:

From user-return-23009-apmail-hadoop-user-archive=[hidden email]  Sun Aug 21 03:28:42 2016

Note the message number '23009' above.

The message itself contains a lot of quoted material in comparison with new material; that is sometimes an indication of spam and may have triggered the bounce.

Date: 24 Aug 2016 13:51:02 -0000
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]