Exception in doCheckpoint: Connection refused

Exception in doCheckpoint: Connection refused

yibo820217

hi

here I choose a machine as a namenode,and a machine as a secondary namenode,
a machine as a datanode.
when i start up hadoop(bin/start-all.sh),
there are some errors in secondary namenode,like this:

2009-10-21 15:34:30,317 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
Recovering storage directory /data1/hadoopfs/namesecondary from failed
checkpoint.
2009-10-21 15:34:30,319 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode: Exception in
doCheckpoint:
2009-10-21 15:34:30,320 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode:
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:193)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:163)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:394)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:529)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:233)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:306)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:323)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:837)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:778)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:703)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1026)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.TransferFsImage.getFileClient(TransferFsImage.java:151)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.downloadCheckpointFiles(SecondaryNameNode.java:256)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.doCheckpoint(SecondaryNameNode.java:313)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.run(SecondaryNameNode.java:225)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

the log in namenode is like this:

2009-10-21 15:31:25,996 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Roll Edit Log from
100.207.100.33

can anybody tell me the reason?

Thanks!

Re: Exception in doCheckpoint: Connection refused

Mayuran Yogarajah
Sounds like you set up the  2NN on a different machine than the NN.  Did
you set
the dfs.http.address configuration property correctly?

Take a look at:
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/02/10/multi-host-secondarynamenode-configuration/

yibo820217 wrote:

> hi
>
> here I choose a machine as a namenode,and a machine as a secondary namenode,
> a machine as a datanode.
> when i start up hadoop(bin/start-all.sh),
> there are some errors in secondary namenode,like this:
>
> 2009-10-21 15:34:30,317 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
> Recovering storage directory /data1/hadoopfs/namesecondary from failed
> checkpoint.
> 2009-10-21 15:34:30,319 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode: Exception in
> doCheckpoint:
> 2009-10-21 15:34:30,320 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode:
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>         at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:193)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
>         at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469)
>         at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:163)
>         at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:394)
>         at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:529)
>         at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:233)
>         at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:306)
>         at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:323)
>         at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:837)
>         at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:778)
>         at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:703)
>         at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1026)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.TransferFsImage.getFileClient(TransferFsImage.java:151)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.downloadCheckpointFiles(SecondaryNameNode.java:256)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.doCheckpoint(SecondaryNameNode.java:313)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.run(SecondaryNameNode.java:225)
>

> the log in namenode is like this:
>
> 2009-10-21 15:31:25,996 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Roll Edit Log from
> 100.207.100.33
>
> can anybody tell me the reason?
>
> Thanks!

Re: Exception in doCheckpoint: Connection refused

yibo820217

I solve this problem,in hdfs-site.xml,i add the following config

<property>
<name>dfs.http.address</name>
<value>namenode.host.address:50070</value>
<description>
The address and the base port where the dfs namenode web ui will listen on.
If the port is 0 then the server will start on a free port.
</description>
</property>