Example of YARN delegation token for hiveserver2

Example of YARN delegation token for hiveserver2

John Lilley-2

We are launching YARN jobs in which the tasks access Hive.  While it is fairly simple to get the delegation token for Metastore and pass it along to the YARN context, we cannot make the same thing work for HiveServer2.  Is there an example someone can point us to?  And yes, we know that Oozie and MapReduce do this somehow, but we haven’t been able to dig out the specifics from the code.

John Lilley