Do I need some distributed computing algorithm if I want to deep into source code of hadoop ?

Do I need some distributed computing algorithm if I want to deep into source code of hadoop ?

Jeff Zhang
Hi all,

These days, I begin look into source code hadoop. And I want to know whether
I need some distributed computing algorithm if I want to deep into source
code of hadoop ?

Thank you.

Jeff zhang

Re: Do I need some distributed computing algorithm if I want to deep into source code of hadoop ?

Amandeep Khurana
You do need to have read the GFS and MapReduce papers. It'll make
understanding the design easier. But apart from that, nothing
really...

--

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student
University of California, Santa Cruz

Re: Do I need some distributed computing algorithm if I want to deep into source code of hadoop ?

sudha sadhasivam
To understand implementation you need to reverse engineer and view into the classes and functionality.
To understand design map-reduce papers and HDFS design papers is sufficient.
G Sudha Sadasivam