Could not run dfsadmin command with -getStoragePolicy or -setStoragePolicy.

Could not run dfsadmin command with -getStoragePolicy or -setStoragePolicy.

Kousuke Miyamoto
Hi users,
I use HDFS version 2.7.3 with that command manual but I could not run dfsadmin command with -getStoragePolicy or -setStoragePolicy.

$ hdfs dfsadmin -getStoragePolicy /user/guest/
getStoragePolicy: Unknown command

$ hdfs dfsadmin -setStoragePolicy /user/guest/ COLD
setStoragePolicy: Unknown command

Do these options exist in dfsadmin command?
If not, is this a manual bug?

Reference:<https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.7.3/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/HDFSCommands.html#dfsadmin>

Best Regards

Kousuke Miyamoto

--Brahma Reddy Battula

RE: Could not run dfsadmin command with -getStoragePolicy or -setStoragePolicy.

Kousuke Miyamoto

HI Brahmareddy,

Thank you for your quick response.

I understood that there are no these options in dfsadmin command and I can use storagepolicies command instead.