2 items - RE: Unsubscribe & A better ListSrv for beginners.

2 items - RE: Unsubscribe & A better ListSrv for beginners.

Boudreau, Carl

Dear Sys Admin,

    Can the footer on the ListSrv be edited to include unsubscribe steps?

To the rest of the group,

    I have been listen quietly on the side in an attempt to learn Hadoop prior to attempting the install and configuration process.  Unfortunately, most of the terms I am reading are going over my head (Microsoft/C# background, with a beginner Red Hat installer and user)  My Manager had asked I start looking into it, thus why I have joined this list.  But this group might be too high level for my needs.  Is there a better ListSrv for me to join?

If there is anyone here that has been where I have and got to the place I need to be; please feel free to connect with me.

Regards Carl

P.S. Sath,

          I am sorry you were sent the response; it was unwarranted.  Would you mind taking the high road and dropping it?  J

Re: 2 items - RE: Unsubscribe & A better ListSrv for beginners.

Ted Yu-3
For #1, please see:

Unfortunately, as of yesterday this footer didn't work.

FYI

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Boudreau, Carl <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Rich Haase-2
Hi Carl,

I would recommend picking up a copy of the Tom White book Hadoop: The Definitive Guide, http://www.amazon.com/Hadoop-Definitive-Guide-Tom-White/dp/1449311520.  It is very reasonably priced and has stayed well updated.  This will give you the introduction you need to start asking pertinent questions where you have confusion.

Cheers,

Rich

On Dec 2, 2015, at 1:01 PM, Boudreau, Carl <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Rich Haase| Sr. Software Engineer | Pandora
m (303) 887-1146 | [hidden email]

Re: 2 items - RE: Unsubscribe & A better ListSrv for beginners.

Rich Haase-2
Here’s a link to the most recent edition: http://www.amazon.com/Hadoop-Definitive-Guide-Tom-White/dp/1491901632/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

I didn’t realize the 4th edition was out. :)